Laurel Place Inc. was formerly known as Sunshine Cooloola Services Against Sexual Violence Inc. In March 2016, Laurel Place Inc. was chosen as the new name of the organisation to reflect its growth in South East Queensland.
Communities free of sexual violence
To educate our communities on the prevention and awareness of sexual assault issues, providing interventions to people affected by sexual violence and developing collaborative relationships with individuals, organisations and communities.
Courage • Acceptance • Integrity • Respect • Individuality • Initiative • Commitment • Equity
Laurel Place Inc. provides specialised counselling support, information and education regarding sexual violence across the Sunshine Coast and Moreton Bay areas and in Gympie and Murgon.
Laurel Place provides:
- Counselling for adults, children and young people who have experienced recent or past sexual assault;
- Counselling for non-offending parents/carers and supporters of people who have experienced sexual assault;
- Counselling for children 12 years and under who display sexual behaviour problems;
- Specialised Counselling intervention programs for young people who have sexually abused;
- Group programs;
- Community Education (including Let’s Get Savvy and Let's Get Savvy About Sexting for High School students);
- Information and resources on sexual assault and legal, medical, and court procedures; and,
- An Indigenous Community Liaison Worker who is available to work collaboratively with counselling staff in providing support to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children and their families.
Services at Laurel Place Inc. are provided free of charge through funding from the Queensland Government Department of Communities, Child Safety and Disability Services. No referral is required for adults and young people 15 years and over.
Please contact us if you would like to discuss services provided and referral options for children and young people. Self-referrals can be made to the adult service.